The harpsichord players I most love working with want to enjoy playing, and are willing to take the time to enjoy their playing more. The better you play, the more fun you have. What works best is regular practice on your part combined with regular meetings with a teacher to build your technique. My students find me kind and compassionate, yet demanding. I truly want you to share the joy I find in making music.
What I offer:
- Over four decades of musical performance and teaching experience.
- Decades of study on keyboard and continuing study and performance on harpsichord.
- Knowledge of efficient and healthy movement for keyboard players.
- Patience, compassion, and a desire to help my students improve so they enjoy music even more.
- A comfortable studio in Brookline with two lovely harpsichords.
What you need:
- Daily time to practice, preferably at least an hour a day.
- An instrument on which you can practice.
- Ability to read and play music.
- Curiosity about how to get better faster.
- You are willing to do the work!
Call me so you can come play for me. I will give you an honest and kind assessment of your playing and recommendations of where to go from here. From there, we can determine whether to meet again to build your own practice.